Coconut & Guava Chicken
I originally found this recipe on Good Thymes and Good Food for coconut apricot chicken, but I wanted to switch it up a bit. I not only switched the apricot to guava, but I decided to use half coconut flour instead of all regular flour. I also poured the glaze on top instead of using it as a dipping sauce. It was pretty good, but is best served on the same day it is cooked. There are many changes you could make to this recipe, but the following is how I prepared it.
What You Need
1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup guava jelly
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
How to Prepare
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat a pan or dish with cooking spray
2. beat 1 egg in a medium bowl and set aside
3. In another bowl combine flours, salt & pepper, garlic powder, and coconut
4. In another bowl combine guava jelly and Dijon mustard. Break up the jelly as much as you can. Taste the mixture and add more jelly or Dijon mustard to get the desired taste you want. Set aside.
5. Take one piece of chicken at a time and first dip in the egg wash, then dip in the flour/coconut mixture and pat onto chicken.
6. Place chicken in prepared dish/pan and pour guava glaze on top. Be sure to save extra or make more guava sauce to serve on the side.
7. Place chicken in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. If you like it crispier place under broiler after baking and watch carefully (1-2 mins).
8. Serve immediately with extra sauce on the side for dipping.