I love making soup because you get to throw everything in a pot and let the stove do the rest of the work. This soup tastes great and has some healthy ingredients too.
What You’ll Need
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium vidalia onion, finely chopped
4 small carrots (or 3 medium), chopped
2 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt & pepper
2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
3 large garlic cloves, minced
48 oz low sodium chicken broth
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
(I used diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onion– but plain would work too)
1 cup of brown lentils
How to Prepare
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and carrots. Saute until onions are tender, about 5 mins.
3. Add ginger, garlic, curry, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 mins.
4. Pour in chicken broth, sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes (with juice), and lentils. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
This makes about 8-10 servings.
recipe adapted from: cookingwithmykid.com